GROUNDS FOR DATA COLLECTION
How we receive your information?
While you intend to use our service we require require registration and provision of your information, including Personal Information.
- While you sign with us – you will be asked to provide Personal Information which will be associated with your personal information and Health information.
- While you register as a doctor – we request your profile to confirm your profession as a doctor along with your bank account etc.
- Whenever you submit information via our Service – including, but not limited to, by telephone or email with customer service, we may collect Health Information and other Personal Information you provide us, in order to provide you with our Service.
- When you consult with the doctors for your ailment – the app collects your health data to be submitted to the consulting doctor via the app.
It is your voluntary decision whether to provide us with any Personal Information or Health Information, however if you do not provide this information you may not be able to create a profile or register with the Service and you will not be allowed to use the service.
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
Personal Information We collect Personal Information of your name, email address, gender, birth year and zip code. We may collect the following information – country of residence, home address, birthday and phone number. If you are a healthcare provider, you will be asked to provide information regarding your professional qualifications, Medical Council Registration Number and as well as additional Personal Information during registration.
Voluntary information – when you communicate with us (for example when you send us an email or use a “contact us” form) we collect the Personal Information you shared with us.
Technical information – we collect certain technical information that is automatically recorded when you use our Service, such as your IP address, device approximate location.
Personal Health Information arising out of your medical consultation with the healthcare providers – you may choose to use certain features of the Service that will allow you to input other Personal Information with respect to your health, such as the vitals, presenting illness, Health History, medications you take, the date of your prescriptions, the number of refills you have made, how often you take your medication, dosage, physical measurements your doctor’s name, and the name of your pharmacy, collectively called your “Health Information”.
Technical information – The App automatically collects certain information about you when you use the App, this includes, but not limited to the type of computing or mobile device you use, advertiser ID, your device’s operating system, the language of your operating system and the Internet browser you are using. The App might also access a list of installed apps on your device. This is done only to ensure proper quality of service, as some apps might interfere with the App functionality, such as blocking notifications, and in such cases we will notify you.
TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES – COOKIES
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
- Sharing of Data: We will use the Personal Information you share with us upon intending to use the service and improvement of our Service to you. For example, data collected automatically on the Service may be used to help diagnose problems with our servers, to make our Service more useful, to customize it and personalize its content for you (for example, we will use your Health information to send you reminders to take your medications or appointments etc.).
- Marketing purposes: We shall use your Personal Information (such as your email address or phone number) to communicate with you. We may also send you promotional material concerning our services or our partners’ services (which we believe may interest you), including but not limited to, by building an automated profile based on your Personal Information, for marketing purposes.
- Analytics, surveys and research: We shall be always trying to improve our services and think of new and exciting features for our users. From time to time, we may conduct surveys or test features, and analyze the information we have to develop, evaluate and improve these features.
- To protect our interest: We shall use your Personal Information when we believe it’s necessary in order to take precautions against liabilities, investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, investigate and protect ourselves from fraud, protect the security or integrity of our Service and protect the rights and property of Knockdok, its users and/or partners.
- Enforcing of policies: We shall use your Personal Information in order to enforce our policies, including but limited to our Terms, or Client Agreement.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements: We shall also use your Personal Information as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Research partners – We may share your Personal Information with third parties, such as research institutes, healthcare systems and healthcare providers that they may associate with other information that they have about you, for research purposes and for improvement of our services.
- Providers of personalized third party content – From time to time, we may also ask whether you would like us to share your Personal Information with another company that may want to send you information about their products or services. If you consent to such transfer by us of your Personal Information to another company, please note that the information provided will be subject to such company’s privacy practices and shall not be within our control.
- Content providers – We may also use your Personal Information in order to provide you with personalized third party content or links to third party sites that might interest you. We provide this third party content and/or links to third party sites for information purposes only and are not liable for such content or sites. For more information see the “Links to other Websites or Apps” section below.
- Service providers – We might share your Personal Information, as is reasonably necessary, with our contractors or consultants, including vendors and suppliers that provide us with development services, technology (such as Google Analytics), services, or content for the operation, development and maintenance of our Service or data and analysis on Service use, who are bound by an obligation of confidentiality, provided that we will only share Personal Information to the extent necessary with such contractors or consultants.
- Law authorities – we may share your personal data with law enforcement authorities, courts and tribunals, including with legal advisors and consultants, in case we need to respond to law enforcement requests or other legal requests or pursuant to a requirement imposed by law, order, judgment or decree, or courts in order to protect and defend our rights and property or those of Service users.
- Merger, acquisition or sale – We may transfer your Personal Information in the event of a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
Allied may offer you, from time to time and at it sole discretion, participation in customized programs, based on specified criteria (“Programs”). Participation in Programs may require sharing of your personal data with additional third parties. If you choose to participate, Allied shall provide you with additional information and seek your consent for such sharing.
Your Personal Information will not be combined with other information and will not be used for other purposes, except as explained in this policy.
- Personal Information you may share through our Service
- You may send family members or friends or colleagues an invitation to be your “Knockpals” by means of the Service, so that such Friend will receive alerts regarding your compliance with your medication regime. By sending such invitation, you represent that you have the right to contact the Konckpal and that you consent to our sending Personal Information about your medications and your compliance with your medication regime to the Knockpal. Sharing of your Personal Information in this manner is solely your responsibility.
- Medical professionals and Doctors – You may use the Service in order to share your Personal Information or other information with your doctor or healthcare providers. Such sharing may be enabled by inviting your healthcare provider to monitor your Personal Information, by accepting an invitation from your healthcare provider to download and use the Service, or otherwise using the Service settings to share your information with your healthcare provider; in these cases you consent to our sending Personal Information about your medications and your compliance with your medication regime with your healthcare providers. Confirm with your healthcare provider that they have sent you an invitation to download the App. Such sharing of your information is at your discretion and is solely your responsibility.
- Pharmacies and coupon companies – you may choose to share your Personal Information with pharmacies with which we partner, and/or third party coupon companies, in order that we may send you coupons and/or provide you with reminders to get your prescription refilled. If you choose to share your Personal Information in this manner, please note that such information may be disclosed to the coupon companies and/or pharmacies and will be subject to their privacy practices.
While we take great care to keep your Personal Information confidential and secure, when you share your health or medication information with others or provide feedback regarding health matters, medications and otherwise, including by means of social media sites, or when you participate in a forum on the Service, any information disclosed by you in such way is solely your responsibility. You should exercise caution when disclosing any information (including Personal Information) in such ways, as you do not know who will access or use such information and for what purposes.
USE OF AGGREGATED DATA
Aggregated data will not contain any information that could be used to contact or identify you. We may analyze and/or combine all information we receive, including Health Information and information regarding your use of the Service, with information from other users to create aggregated data that may be disclosed to and utilized by us, our affiliates and by third parties without restriction, on commercial terms that we can determine in our sole discretion, for purposes such as: content marketing, research purposes, in order to understand behavior patterns, in order to increase adherence to medication regimens, marketing strategies and for entering into commercial contracts in order to provide our users with the Service. As an exception to the above, we shall not include data received via any other tool kits in the aggregated data we share with and/or sell to affiliates or third parties.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide our services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES OR APPS
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your Personal Information. Your information is stored on secure servers and isn’t publicly available. We limit access of your information only to those employees or partners that need to know the information in order to enable the carrying out of the agreement between us. You need to help us prevent unauthorized access to your account by protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your account (for example, by signing off after you have finished accessing your account). You will be solely responsible for keeping your password confidential and for all use of your password and your account, including any unauthorized use. While we seek to protect your information to ensure that it is kept confidential, we cannot absolutely guarantee its security. You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of your personal Information or other content that you transmit using the service, and you do so at your own risk.
Our Service is intended for use by persons of 18 years of age and older. Under no circumstances should the Service be used by children under 18 years of age, and we will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any person we know to be in this age group. If you discover that your child has been using the Service without your consent, or that someone has been using the Service for or on behalf of your child without your consent, please contact us using the information below under “Contact Us,” and we will take reasonable steps to delete the child’s information from our active databases. Allied reserves the right to check its user base from time to time and remove users whom Allied has grounds to believe they are in fact minors, including without limitation, restricting those user accounts, or deleting them, as Allied may deem appropriate.
Allied Business Solutions, No 45, Rajagopalan St., Devi Karumariamman Nagar, Calasaravakkam, Chennai – 600087; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LAST UPDATED ON AUGUST 2020.